Logging in today, I noticed something in the Application Log of my SBS 2008. There were three event id’s of 2803 and one of 17137 listed every 5 minutes or so. The viewer could not give me details… figures. There are the three:

Application Log Errors

Application Log Errors

The description for Event ID 17137 from source MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Then the same message with this attached:

1

Bound Trees

So after some digging I found information stating that this is caused by SQL closing the database connection when it is not in use, and then reopening it when it is being used. This is not good, if it is happening every 5 minutes.

So, let’s resolve this error.

First, connect to SQL using Management Studio Express. Connect to the MSSQL instance using the name \\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query and Windows Authentication.

Expand Databases.

Right click the database in question, in this case Sharepoint_Admin_Content####, and select properties.

Database Properties

Database Properties

Click on the Options menu on the left. You will see a value displayed in the right windows named AUTO_CLOSE with a value of true. Change this value to false, and save and close SQL Management Studio.

AUTO_CLOSE

AUTO_CLOSE

You should see two more events appear in the event log, focusing on changing AUTO_CLOSE to FALSE. They should be event id 5084.

Event Log 5084

Event Log 5084

Thats it! You have fixed the error. Monitor both the database and the event logs for a few days to see how your system reacts. If you notice side effects, then you can always change the value back yto TRUE using a reverse of the same method.

Advertisements